Emmanuel's dream : the true story of Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah / by Laurie Ann Thompson ; illustrated by Sean Qualls.
- ISBN: 9780449817445
- ISBN: 044981744X
- ISBN: 9780449817452
- ISBN: 0449817458
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : Schwartz & Wade Books, 2015.
Born in Ghana, West Africa, with one deformed leg, he was dismissed by most people--but not by his mother, who taught him to reach for his dreams. As a boy, Emmanuel hopped to school more than two miles each way, learned to play soccer, left home at age thirteen to provide for his family, and, eventually, became a cyclist. He rode an astonishing four hundred miles across Ghana in 2001, spreading his powerful message: disability is not inability. Today, Emmanuel continues to work on behalf of the disabled.
Search for related items by subject
- 33 of 34 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at John P. Webster Library - West Hartford.
- 0 current holds with 34 total copies.