The boy who harnessed the wind / William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer ; pictures by Elizabeth Zunon.
View other formats and editions
- 71 of 73 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at John P. Webster Library - West Hartford.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|John P. Webster Library - West Hartford||CHILDREN TJ 140 .K36 A3 2012 (Text to phone)||32545070239591||Juvenile Nonfiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 1451741189 (Paw Prints)
- ISBN: 9781451741186 (Paw Prints)
- ISBN: 0803735111 (hardback : acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 9780803735118 (hardback : acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 9780803735118
- ISBN: 0803735111
- ISBN: 9781451741186
- ISBN: 1451741189
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Publisher: New York, NY : Dial Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc., 
"When 14-year-old William Kamkwamba's Malawi village was hit by a drought in 2001, everyone's crops began to fail. His family didn't have enough money for food, let alone school, so William spent his days in the library. He came across a book on windmills and figured out how to build a windmill that could bring electricity to his village. Everyone thought he was crazy but William persevered and managed to create a functioning windmill out of junkyard scraps. Several years later he figured out how to use the windmill for irrigation purposes"-- Provided by publisher.
|Target Audience Note:||
|Study Program Information Note:||
Accelerated Reader 5.3.
Reading Counts! 6.3.
AR LG 5.3 0.5.
Charter Oak Children’s Book Award (COCBA) Nominee, 2013-2014.
Nutmeg Award Nominee, Elementary, 2015.
Search for related items by subject